A job in advertising. For people trying to land their first (or second), getting there can be much less than half the fun. Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been asking ad folks who hire their thoughts on getting in.
Today, Grip Partner, Creative Dave Hamilton weighs in.
1) How can one person rise to the top in sea of similarly qualified applicants?
2) What’s the biggest mistake you’ve seen a person make while trying to get a job in advertising?
3) What do you look for in a resume?
4) What do you look for in a student writer’s portfolio?
5) Once you have a job, what’s the best way to make sure you keep moving forward in your career?
Laugh at the old guy’s jokes.
6) Any other thoughts on getting a job in advertising?
Careful what you wish for.