Two weeks ago the Big Orange Slide introduced a new series of collected thoughts on advertising, culled from the pulsating brains at Grip Limited.
And now, the series continues.
12) a product of liquor and guessing.
13) going to drive innovation, not the other way around.
14) soul destroying and intensely gratifying – often in the same day.
15) strangely dependent on focus groups despite thousands of Facebook fans who offer their opinions for free.
16) to retail what a grease-paint moustache is to Groucho Marx.
17) more difficult than it looks from the outside in.
18) a craft, not an art.
19) an industry made up of mostly great people – but a few too many assholes.
20) way more fun than actually working for a living.
21) its own big idea.