November is the month of award show festivication. With this in mind, we revisit our ongoing series of off-the-cuff Thoughts on Advertising, this week discovering that
62) “a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…” (with apologies to Hunter S. Thompson).
63) going to be a useless skill set in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
64) at its best when it gleefully rejects trends.
65) at the mercy of a brand’s customer service experience.
66) more powerful when you can’t tell that it’s advertising.
67) about “charm and enthrall.”
68) winner take all.
69) storytelling with an agenda.
70) too often about chasing the market, where it should be about chasing invention.
71) in a place where it requires complex solutions to tap into the same, simple insights.